Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers Protect Your Rights
Handling complex injury claims for clients throughout Pennsylvania
Most people have heard the term “Personal Injury,” but do not fully understand what it means. Personal injury includes all claims resulting from bodily injury, including psychological problems. When you suffer a personal injury as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim to seek compensation for the harm done to you.
Larry Pitt & Associates has been representing personal injury clients in and around Philadelphia for more than 35 years. Our talented team of attorneys knows what it takes to negotiate the best possible settlement offer for our clients, so they start the healing process. But we also know that when times get tough, and the insurance companies play hardball, you’ll need a skilled trial attorney who will fight for your rights in court – and that is exactly what we do. IF you were hurt by someone else’s actions, we are ready and able to fight for your rights and your future.
The three groups of personal injury
When you file a claim for compensation, called “damages,” it is because your injuries were the result of someone else’s behavior. That behavior can be categorized in three ways:
- Negligence. Negligence is the failure to use reasonable care to avoid foreseeable harm to a person, place or thing. People are liable if their unreasonable act (or failure to act) causes an injury, even if the harm is not intended.
- Intentional Harm. Intentional harm is the “malicious” or “intentional” infliction of harm that results in injury. As an example, if a person involved in a heated argument with you purposely hits you with the intention to hurt you, that person is liable for your injuries.
- Absolute Liability. Absolute liability is when a person is responsible for injuring another person regardless of negligence or intent. Some instances in which the law might apply absolute liability are with regard to product liability, dangerous or hazardous activities and pet owner’s liability. For instance, a person may be entitled to compensation after a defective product injures him or her regardless of whether the manufacturer was actually negligent. In other words, the person only has to prove that a product is defective or dangerous and that the defect caused personal injury. It is not necessary to show that the manufacturer was intentionally careless or negligent.
The type of behavior that led to your injury could have an effect on what types of damages you are entitled to receive. It’s important to speak with a skilled lawyer about your case.
What kinds of cases does Larry Pitt & Associates handle?
At our firm, we handle claims that arise from different situations. Some of the cases we take on the most frequently involve:
- Car and truck crashes. If you are hit by another car, or hurt in a collision with a truck, or sustain an injury while riding your motorcycle, you could sustain serious injuries. We represent drivers, riders and passengers who were hurt in collisions with other vehicles.
- Product liability. Defective products can do more than just hurt you; they can put you and your family in unsafe situations without you even knowing it. We represent clients who were harmed because of defective products, including workplace machinery and tools, unsafe medications and devices, auto parts, medical devices, children’s items and more.
- Premises liability. A slip and fall can lead to a serious head injury. A trip over a broken piece of concrete or an improperly laid piece of carpet in the office cause lead to strains, sprains or broken bones. Any time a property is open to the public, it must be kept safe. If it is not, and you get hurt, you may be liable for damages through a premises liability claim.
- Construction accidents. Our firm represents a lot of construction workers, both employees and contractors. Non-employees, site visitors and passers-by may be entitled to compensation through a third-party injury lawsuit if they are hurt in a warehouse, on a construction site, or while in an industrial setting.
- Medical negligence. If you are hurt by a doctor, pharmacist, medical technician, nurse, or a staff member at a healthcare facility, you may have been the victim of medical negligence. Malpractice claims can include surgical errors, medication errors, birth injuries, and more. We can help.
- Nursing home abuse. Elderly residents of nursing homes are entitled to a certain level of care. When their wellbeing is neglected, or when they suffer harm at the hands of an abusive resident or staff member, there are steps you can take to protect them.
- Wrongful death. No amount of money can bring your loved one back, or ease the pain of that loss. But when someone else is responsible for your loved one’s death, a wrongful death claim will hold that person or entity accountable for their actions. It can also help you protect your children, by ensuring a roof over their heads, food in their stomachs, and accounts set aside for the health, schooling and education.
Our attorneys are also equipped to help workers whose injuries have rendered them unable to work. We provide comprehensive counsel in regard to workers’ compensation benefits, and help our clients apply for Social Security Disability benefits as well. If you fall into any of the categories listed above, please fill out our FREE consultation form. If you need more information, please visit our frequently asked questions page. Let us help you to receive the medical attention and financial aid that you need for a faster recovery!
Philadelphia’s trusted team of personal injury lawyers
The Law Offices of Larry Pitt & Associates has a full service Personal Injury group comprised of experienced civil litigators. If you have questions about personal injury, insurance issues, the Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law, or tort protection, call our office today: 1.888.PITT.LAW. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule your free initial consultation at one of our office locations in Philadelphia, or in Lansdowne, Reading or Bensalem. We are proud to serve clients throughout Berks, Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.