Reading Personal Injury Lawyers
Tough Berks County Personal Injury Lawyers With a Strong Track Record of Success
An accident changes your life in a moment. Victims often suffer intense pain at the time of the accident. Many victims suffer for months, years, or a lifetime. In tragic cases, some die. Many injured people can’t work until they get treatment and heal. When another person or company causes the accident, the responsible parties should pay for interrupting and changing your life.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, our Reading personal injury attorneys understand how to determine why accidents happen, who is responsible, and what damages should be paid. We prepare each case for trial and only recommend settlements that are fair and just. Our lawyers work with product safety experts, investigators, engineers, and your doctors to help prove who caused the accident and how severe your injuries are. In wrongful death cases, we demand compensation for the families.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury Claims
Our Reading personal injury lawyers are skilled, experienced, and respected for representing clients in the following matters:
- Car and truck accidents. Drivers are responsible for following the traffic laws and for making the safety of other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians a priority. They can’t drive while drunk, distracted, or fatigued. Car owners are generally liable for the actions of their drivers. We make irresponsible drivers and car owners accountable for the injuries and deaths they cause. If the accident happened because a part was defective, a road was improperly designed, or a driver was served alcohol while he/she was clearly drunk, we hold those responsible parties liable too.
- Construction site accidents. Accidents occur at construction sites all too often. Workers fall from scaffolding or ladders, OSHA safety rules aren’t followed, and electrocutions and explosions occur. Demolition, bulldozing, and the improper use of forklifts and cranes can cause injuries. We bring workers’ compensation claims on behalf of injured employees and personal injury claims on behalf of anyone else who is injured at a construction site.
- Dog Bites. Any child or adult bitten by a dog has a right to payment by the dog owner for their medical bills, regardless of fault. Anyone bitten by a dog can bring a claim for pain and suffering if the dog owner knew their pet had a propensity to bite, and they did nothing to prevent the attack or to warn you of the danger.
- Premises liability. Property owners and homeowners owe it to consumers and visitors to their location to keep their property safe. People who come to their site are rightly focused on the goods they want to buy, the services they need to use, or the people they want to meet. It is the property owner’s responsibility to fix torn carpets, clean wet floors in a timely manner, provide proper lighting, make the property safe from attacks, fix holes in the parking lots, and make all necessary repairs.
- Product liability. The makers of cars, trucks, electronic products, medications, toys, and any product for sale or distribution are required to make their products safe. The burden is on the manufacturer, not the consumer or user of the product, to properly design, manufacture, test, and market their product. If you were injured because a product was defective and the defect causes your injuries, you have the right to hold the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers responsible – without having to prove they were careless or negligent.
Delay can hurt any personal injury case. When an accident happens, early intervention by one of our team can help preserve evidence, question witnesses when their memories are fresh, and make sure you are seeing the right doctors.
How Damages are Determined
Personal injury victims can be compensated in several ways:
- Economic loss. This is the amount of money you lost to pay for all the medical care you need to get better, all the income you lost because you couldn’t do your job, and any property damages to your car or your personal property. We work with your employers and review your financial records to verify your lost income. We get billing records for the following medical expenses:
- Hospital stays, including surgeries and emergency room care
- Doctor visits to determine your diagnosis and prognosis and for medical treatments
- Rehabilitative therapy, including physical therapy and emotional counseling
- Medical equipment such as braces, wheelchairs, and prosthetics
We request compensation for past services and calculate how much you will need to get better and to manage your care for the rest of your life.
- Pain and suffering. This is the daily muscle aches, nerve twinges, itching, nausea, inability to sleep or walk, and every ounce of pain your physically suffer. It also includes your anxiety and depression over not being able to enjoy your family, do your job, and enjoy life.
- Punitive damages. When the wrongdoers wantonly disregarded your safety, we demand additional damages to punish them for reckless behavior.
Speak with an Experienced Reading Personal Injury Lawyer From Larry Pitt & Associates Today
If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, you have the right to pursue justice. At Larry Pitt & Associates, our personal injury lawyers are known across the county and state for our skill at trying cases before juries and negotiating strong settlements. To talk with a forceful personal injury attorney, please call us at 888-PITT-LAW or use our contact form to schedule a cost-free consultation at our Reading office in Berks County.