Bensalem Personal Injury Lawyers With 35 Years of Trial Experience
Respected Advocates for Bucks County Injury Victims and Their Families
Personal injury cases are claims that are based on the fault of an irresponsible person or business, which causes someone harm. There are different types of personal injury cases, including those based on negligence, strict or property liability, and wrongful death. Defendants can also be liable if they intentionally injury someone.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, our Bensalem personal injury lawyers demand that liable defendants, or the insurance companies, pay for all your medical bills including hospital and doctor visits, therapy, medical devices, and medications. We demand payment of all the income you lost. A big part of every personal injury case is your right to be paid for your physical pain and emotional suffering. If you have any scars or disfigurement such as a loss of limb, you should be compensated for that too. We fight to get you all of the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we are respected by our peers for our ability to determine how an accident happened and who’s responsible. We work with your doctors to verify your injuries. We only recommend settlements when the offer is fair. We’re always ready to try you case before a jury.
Most personal injury cases fall into one of the following categories:
- Negligence. This includes careless conduct, failure to exercise a duty of care, failure to use proper safety precautions, failure to follow laws, and other irresponsible actions.
- Strict or property liability. Individuals and companies may be liable even if they aren’t negligent. Pennsylvania and federal laws require that they take extra-precautionary steps to safeguard the public. If they fail to take these steps, they may be held liable for their actions.
- Wrongful death. If a defendant wrongfully causes the death of another person, the family of the victim has the right to demand that the defendant pay damages for the victim’s death and the loss of consortium, funeral bills, the victim’s pain and suffering, and more.
We have handled cases involving many different types of personal injuries. Some of the most common ones we see include:
- Premises liability. Property owners owe a duty to people who visit restaurants, hotels, retail stores, apartment complexes, and other properties to keep their property safe. This duty is owed to people who are shopping or using the premises for the benefit of the property owners, and to people who are legally passing by the property. Common property liability accidents include:
- Attacks due to negligent security
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Falling debris and merchandise
- Injuries due to poor lighting
- Slips and falls
Our Bensalem personal injury lawyers work to show the property owner knew or should have known of the property defects.
- Product liability. Any maker, distributor, or retailer of a product that is defective can be held liable for your injuries if the product was defective and the defect caused your injuries or the death of a loved one. Products are defective if:
- They were designed improperly.
- They were made improperly, such as by using cheap or unsafe parts.
- The instructions or product marketing were misleading.
Some examples of product defects include faulty car parts, drugs that don’t work, electronic devices that fail, and toys that are unsafe.
- Dog bites. Generally, Pennsylvania law requires that dog owners and anyone who has control over a dog are strictly liable for a victim’s medical bills. To obtain pain and suffering compensation, we must also show that the dog owner knew their dog had “vicious propensities” and that they failed to take corrective measures.
- Car and truck accidents. Vehicle accidents are a leading cause of personal injury. When accidents happen, the drivers can be held responsible. The owners of the car or truck are also normally responsible if the driver was negligent. Driver negligence includes speeding, driving while distracted, driver fatigue, and many other causes. Car and truck accidents often cause death, permanent, or long-term injuries.
- Construction accidents. Construction companies make a lot of money from successful projects, but they deserve to be held liable if their negligence causes an employee, contractor, or anyone else to be hurt or killed. Common construction accidents include falls from scaffolding and ladders, fires, explosions, faulty equipment, and vehicle accidents.
Catastrophic injuries change lives forever. Fatal accidents take lives and alter families. Permanent injuries cause a lifetime of pain. Injuries that heal, like broken bones, hurt intensely during the accident and the healing process. Our Bensalem personal injury lawyers help those who have suffered due to another’s negligence get the compensation they need and deserve.
Get Justice by Hiring Our Experienced Bensalem Personal Injury Lawyers
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we are dedicated to helping injured victims and families get justice. Our Bensalem personal injury lawyers fight the defense and insurance company lawyers. We understand the arguments that persuade claims adjusters, opposing counsel, and juries. We fight to get clients a strong recovery for injuries and pain due to the fault of another. To schedule a free initial consultation at our Bensalem office in Bucks County, please phone us at 888-PITT-LAW or complete our contact form.