Bensalem Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Fighting to Get Bucks County Accident Victims and Families Every Dollar They Deserve
Car and truck accidents cause numerous fatalities and permanent injuries. Even with the best designs, vehicles driven by negligent drivers that are speeding, swerving between lanes, or distracted can mean months, years, or a lifetime of physical and emotional pain for victims of a resulting accident. In many cases, someone other than the driver may also be liable. Owners, trucking companies, parts manufacturers, the County of Bucks, and taverns may also be responsible.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, our Bensalem car and truck accident attorneys work with the police, investigators, and product safety experts to determine how the accident happened. In some cases, we work with traffic reconstruction experts. We bring claims against everyone responsible, including other drivers and their insurance companies. We demand compensation for medical bills, therapy, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.
Types of Car Crashes We Handle
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, a traffic fatality occurred once every seven hours in 2016. One in 43 people was involved in a reportable traffic accident. Car accidents can cause death, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, internal damage, and more. Our Bensalem auto accident lawyers represent victims injured in all types of car accidents, including:
- Head-on accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Multiple-car crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Single-car accidents
Car accidents happen on I-95, Route 1, Street Road, and other Bucks County highways due to the following types of negligent actions:
- Driving while distracted. Teens and adults often cause accidents because they texted while driving, were talking on their smartphone, looked at a GPS system instead of traffic, or took their eyes off the road to eat, groom themselves, or for other reasons.
- Failure to obey the traffic laws. Drivers who speed, fail to merge properly, tailgate, run through a red light, or commit any traffic infraction can be held liable for the harm they cause in an accident.
- Intoxicated driving. Drivers who have a blood alcohol content of .08 or higher are presumed to have driven while intoxicated. Drivers who drive while drunk or under the influence of narcotics are dangerous and must be held accountable if they cause a crash.
- Product defects. If the brakes fail, the steering doesn’t work, the fuel tank explodes, or other car parts malfunction, then our we demand that the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of the defect pay your economic losses and for your pain and suffering.
If a restaurant or bar served a patron alcohol while he/she was visibly intoxicated and then that person causes a car accident, the business can be liable under Pennsylvania’s dram shop law. If Pennsylvania or Bucks County failed to properly design or maintain their roads, then, provided proper notice is given and proof is shown, the state and county can be forced to compensate you. Our Bensalem car accident lawyers can help you determine the cause or the crash and who may be labile.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Bucks County
Our Bensalem truck accident attorneys fight for passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians killed or injured by a truck driver. The size and weight of a truck make these accidents especially dangerous. Truck accidents happen for many of the same reasons as car crashes. Some additional reasons for truck accidents are:
- Driver fatigue. Drivers are required to get proper rest. If they fail to do so, they may fall asleep at the wheel or have slow reaction times, causing a crash.
- Insecure or overloaded cargo. Cargo that isn’t secure can make it tougher for the driver to control the truck. Cargo that spills often causes multi-vehicle pileups.
- Failure to comply with federal and state commercial truck laws. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration requires that truck drivers keep proper logs, that the trucks are inspected regularly, and that weight limits are respected.
- Undue pressure or poor supervision by trucking companies. Often shipping companies pressure drivers to make deliveries faster than they should. Truck companies can be held liable for their driver’s negligence. Improperly training drivers is another common reason for truck wrecks.
Trucks can cause many of the same types of accidents as cars – head-on crashes, sideswipes, rear-end collisions, etc. Semi-rigs, 18-wheelers, and commercial trucks can also cause accidents that are fairly unique to these vehicles, including:
- Accidents due to wide turns
- Cargo spillage
- Collisions due to blind spots
- Underride accidents
The cause of the accident, truck or car, is a strong indicator as to what type of injuries are expected. Head-on collisions and truck rollovers, for example, are usually deadly. No matter the type of accident or the extent of the injuries, our legal team is ready to guide you through the legal process.
Get Help From an Experienced Bensalem Car and Truck Accident Lawyer at the Law Offices of Larry Pitt & Associates
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we have been fighting for vehicle accident victims for more than 35 years. We have earned the respect of the legal community and former clients for our ability to negotiate strong settlements and obtain just and fair verdicts. Our car and truck accident lawyers have the skills and resources to aggressively fight for injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and families. To schedule a free initial consultation at our Bensalem office in Bucks County, please phone us at 888-PITT-LAW or complete our online contact form.