Obtaining Worker’s Compensation in Pennsylvania for Toxic Exposure
Passionate Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Protect Your Rights
Certain industries expose their workers to dangerous toxic substances; it’s simply part of the job. When those workers are not given proper safety equipment to ensure their continued health, or are exposed to those substances in an accidental way – or for any reason at all – they are eligible to collect workers’ compensation. The Philadelphia law firm of Larry Pitt & Associates assists employees who were exposed to toxins through the course of their work, and need compensation benefits in order to keep their families safe while they recover. For the last 35 years, we have helped people just like you – and we want to hear your story.
Facing the Risk of Toxic Exposure in Philadelphia
We are all exposed to toxins every day: they are in the very air we breathe. Employees who work around dangerous substances, however, are at a greater risk of developing medical conditions or illnesses that will require more care. Philadelphia workers most at risk of toxic exposure include:
- Airline workers – If you work for an airline, you run the risk of being exposed to all kinds of toxins. The exhaust from the planes and other motor vehicles, and the chemicals needed to protect the planes themselves can make you sick, and on-board personnel can be exposed to airborne illnesses.
- Construction workers – Anyone who does demolition work can be exposed to toxins in the buildings they pull down. Lead paint, asbestos, black mold – all of these pose a risk to Philly construction workers.
- Farmers – Agricultural work requires chemicals – a lot of them. Pesticides, antibiotics and naturally occurring toxins, like, mold, can lead to serious health concerns. Even organic farmers risk some exposure.
- Landscapers – Whether you work on a busy block in Rittenhouse Square or in residential areas outside of the city, as a landscape artist you will work with chemicals.
- Mechanics – Even when you wear a mask and protective clothing, all that exposure to oil and exhaust can lead to serious lung conditions, and can exacerbate others (like asthma).
- Nurses and medical personnel – Not all toxins are chemicals: the very blood in our veins can be toxic to others. People who work with the injured or the sick – like nurses, doctors and EMTs – risk exposure to both blood and airborne illnesses.
- Refinery and factory workers – From adhesives to gas and oil to rubber manufacturing – and everything in between – factory and refinery workers are at constant risk of being exposed to deadly chemicals and carcinogens.
This incomplete list is just a fraction of the dangers posed to workers in every industry in and around Philadelphia. Any time you work around a lot of people – as airline attendants, restaurant servers, teachers and nurses all do – or with deadly chemicals in any way, you are at risk of becoming ill because of that exposure.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we have the skills, experience and resources to help employees just like you obtain the workers’ compensation benefits they need. We work hand-in-hand with your doctors and your employers, and make sure that your application is filled out accurately and swiftly, so you can begin to collect as soon as possible. We are a union-friendly law firm, and understand how important it is to follow any and all contractual obligations to the letter in order to assure that you get what you need.
Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Larry Pitt & Associates Help Victims of Toxic Exposure
Were you exposed to dangerous toxins at work? Have you developed a chronic or incurable condition as a result? The Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers at Larry Pitt & Associates want to help. Please call us at 888-748-8529 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment with a member of our legal team to talk about your needs. We proudly represent clients throughout Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.