Assisting Workers Injured by Heavy Machinery
Skilled Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Protecting the Rights of Construction Workers, Factory Workers and Employees in Dangerous Industries
When your job requires you to use heavy machinery, you are at constant risk of being injured. Larry Pitt & Associates knows those risks, and understands just how long you might be out of work if you sustain an injury using heavy machinery on the job. For the last 35 years, our Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers have helped countless people throughout the area get the help they need to start on the path of recovery, while protecting their homes and their families, too.
Workers We Help
Our legal team is prepared to help any injured worker get the help he or she needs, and over the years we have developed long-lasting relationships with workers, employers and union reps in the industries of:
No matter where you work or what you do, a Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm knows how to build a successful claim for benefits for you after you were hurt using heavy machinery. We will talk you through the process and ensure that your application is filled out accurately and efficiently, so you can begin collecting your benefits as soon as possible.
The Consequences of an Accident
Because of the nature of machinery work, employees are more at risk of certain injuries than others. Our firm has years of experience working with people who have suffered:
- Crushing injuries – A tipped crane, a forklift that runs over your toe, a metal press that slams onto your hands – these are some of the worst case scenarios imaginable. We can help you claim your benefits, and also help you file a claim for specific loss and permanent disfigurement benefits.
- Fatal accidents – Working with heavy machinery can not only render you permanently injured; it could lead to your death. We help the family members of workers who died in the course of their duties collect death benefits, to ensure that they are safe and secure in the future. If applicable, we may be able to file a third-party personal injury claim against the manufacturer of a defective machine.
- Loss of limb – If your injury is serious enough to necessitate an amputation, you can collect additional benefits for your loss. Losing a hand to a circular saw or an eye to a defective air compressor is possible if you were not issued standard safety equipment, or if the machinery is defective or broken.
- Repetitive stress injuries – Performing the same motions over and over can lead to repetitive stress injuries. This can lead to permanent damage of your shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees or ankles.
- Spinal injuries – If you are trapped in a machine or crushed between two surfaces, you could sustain serious, permanent damage to your spinal column. If such an injury renders you permanently paralyzed, we can discuss your options for Social Security Disability, too.
From pneumatic rollers to printing presses, to belt grinders and welding tools, and everything in between: if you were hurt by any kind of heavy machinery on the job, Larry Pitt & Associates can help. You will work with an experienced and compassionate Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer who is familiar with your industry and your job, and who knows what it takes to assist you in keeping your family safe.
If You Have Been Injured While Using Heavy Machinery at Work, Let Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help
The Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers of Larry Pitt & Associates have spent more than three decades making sure that injured workers get the help they need. If you or your loved one suffered a serious injury while using heavy machinery in the course of a job, you may be entitled to benefits. Please call 1-888-748-8529 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free initial consultation. Our team is proud to serve clients throughout Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.