Experienced Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help Injured Service Industry Workers
Protecting the Rights of Hotel, Restaurant, Retail and Transport Service Workers
Philadelphia offers a lot of amenities to residents and visitors alike. We have some of the finest restaurants and bars, some of the nicest and most upscale hotels, and some of the best shopping in the state. That means we have a booming service industry, filled with hard-working and dedicated employees who go out of their way to make our experiences memorable and enjoyable. But their jobs can be difficult, and with so much going on at any given time, they risk being injured in the course of their work.
When they are, the Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers of Larry Pitt & Associates are there to help. For the last 35 years, we have assisted injured service industry workers in and around Philadelphia after a jobsite accident has left them unable to work. We walk you through the process for applying for benefits and answers your questions, so that you never have to feel alone. Let us help you as we helped so many others over the years.
Common Injuries That Occur in the Service Industry
Dealing with “the public” can be a challenge. You have to learn to adapt quickly to help different kinds of people with different needs and goals, and you have to do it with a smile. Even when you do everything the way it should be done, you can still suffer a serious workplace injury. Some of the more common ones covered by workers’ compensation in Philadelphia include:
- Burns – People who work in the food service industry as well as those who work with toxic chemicals, such as in the cleaning service industry, are at the highest risk of burn injuries. If you are burned at work, a workers’ compensation lawyer at Larry Pitt & Associates can help you obtain the benefits you need to cover your medical bills and your lost wages, so you can keep providing for yourself and your family.
- Hit by a falling object – If you work in retail, the chances are good that you have products located on shelves or hooks on your wall. If those products are heavy and they fall on you, you can suffer a cracked skull or a broken toe, depending on where they hit.
- Injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident – Some companies employ workers to transport goods from one place to another. If you are injured while driving on behalf of your company, you should be able to collect workers’ compensation. Furthermore, you may be able to collect additional compensation through a third-party claim if necessary.
- Repetitive stress injuries – Constantly performing the same motions – picking up food trays, lifting boxes, scanning bar codes – can lead to a repetitive stress injury, such as carpal tunnel. You can also damage your knees and shoulders, and suffer back injuries – especially if you are required to lift heavy objects but are neither given nor informed about proper techniques to do your job.
- Slips and falls – When your job is to move quickly, especially in an area that might be covered in water, ice or food, you can slip and fall. Falls are the leading cause of worksite injuries, and anyone who works in the service industry is at particular risk.
An experienced Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm can walk you through all of your options, to make sure that you get the benefits you’re entitled to have after you were injured at work.
Service industry employees work hard for their money, and to make sure that the people who use their services have an enjoyable experience. At Larry Pitt & Associates, we believe that someone should be working hard for you, too. If you have sustained an injury or developed a chronic condition in the course of your duties, we can help you.
Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help Injured Service Industry Employees Get Back on Their Feet
Suffering an injury at work is hard; choosing the right Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer to represent your needs shouldn’t be. Larry Pitt & Associates have been helping service industry workers in Pennsylvania get the compensation they need to protect themselves. Please call 888-748-8529 or fill out our contact form to schedule a meeting at one of our offices. We are proud to serve clients in Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.