Montgomery County Workers Compensation Attorney
If you are injured on the job in Pennsylvania, you have the legal right to collect compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and in some cases, additional benefits. But while the Montgomery County workers compensation law is on the side of injured workers, getting the money you are entitled to is not necessarily a foregone conclusion.
When filing your claim, if certain procedures and deadlines are not followed, you could lose your right to benefits. Furthermore, sometimes, a sick or injured employee has a claim denied or is undercompensated.
For these reasons, it is important to consult with a qualified worker compensation attorney if you become sick or injured at work. A workers compensation lawyer can make sure that your claim is filed on time and in the proper manner and also that the compensation you receive is fair and appropriate.
Where to look for worker compensation attorneys
When beginning your search for a worker comp attorney, there are a few places you can look:
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association: Offers a lawyer referral service that can help you locate local Montgomery County workers comp attorneys.
- Local yellow pages: Many lawyers advertise their services in the yellow pages. While this provides no guarantee of experience or credentials, it is a good starting point.
- Personal referrals: Talk to friends, family, co-workers and others in your community who have hired a worker comp lawyer. You should not base you decision solely on the recommendation of another person, but this is another good place to begin your search.
How to select a workers compensation attorney
Once you explore the available workers comp attorneys in your area and shortlist potential candidates, your next move should be to schedule an initial consultation so that you may evaluate each one more carefully. When doing so, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Chemistry: A lawyer you do not feel comfortable speaking with is probably not a good choice -- no matter how strong his or her credentials.
- Communication: As with any relationship, there should be excellent communication between you and a lawyer, who should be easy to get in touch with and promptly answer any questions you have. Also, your attorney should be able to discuss your case and applicable laws in a way that you can understand.
- Trust: Even though you may not know very much about the law, you can still trust your ability to judge the character of another person. Worker comp attorneys should show genuine concern for you and your case. They should also not seem as though they are trying to push their services on you. Sometimes, a client only needs help with a few aspects of the law, and can handle the rest on his or her own. A lawyer who insists you need services beyond what you are looking for may be out to make a quick buck
Contact Larry Pitt & Associates
Please contact the law firm of Larry Pitt & Associates at 888-PITT-LAW or fill out the consultation form on this website for more information about workers compensation. Larry Pitt & Associates helps clients with workers compensation issues in Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery & Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania.